PDF is a type of file format that was created as a way for people to quickly and safely share files. Knowing how to password protect a PDF may be handy. This way you can make sure only those people who have password to the documents will be able to open them. We offer you a quick guide that will show you a easy way to add password to PDF.
How to password protect a PDF in 5 simple steps:
- Go to "Protect PDF" tool.
- Upload a PDF from device or Google Drive/Dropbox.
- Add the password you and re-enter it for confirmation.
- Click "Protect PDF" to add password to PDF.
- Download the output file, or upload it back to cloud storage.
Add a strong password to PDF
When choosing the password you wish to assign to your PDF, make sure it is strong enough. Use at least six Latin characters, including symbols, capital letters, and numbers. We strongly recommend not to use the same password for all of your documents.
Advantages of the service
PDF Candy takes users’ privacy very seriously and is GDPR-compliant. We never share user data with third parties. After two hours, all files are automatically deleted from our servers.
Unlike other free tools to add password to PDF, we do not add a watermark to a PDF. We know how to password protect a PDF without spoiling your original file. The content will remain unchanged. Although our website does allow you to add a watermark to PDF if you choose to do so.
All of our tools are compatible with most devices and operating systems. You can conveniently password protect your PDF on the go using iOS or Android devices, or on a desktop PC or laptop.
The intuitive interface makes the files' encryption effortless. Users also appreciate its ease of use and ability to add a password to PDF in just a few quick steps.
Check other free tools
- Edit PDF using the full-featured free online PDF editor.
- Compress PDF files for easier sharing.
- Enjoy the simplest PDF to Word converter to turn a PDF document into an editable DOC or DOCX format in a single click.