It is useful to watermark photos or any other digital content because of the risks you face when posting it online. In just a few clicks any person can steal your images or other files to repurpose them for an unauthorized use.
We present you the guide on how to add a watermark to a photo for free. You can upload your logo or type in the watermark text. Read on to see how to do it.
How to watermark photos online
The steps to add watermark to photo or document are simple to follow. You can seamlessly integrate them into the process of creating visual content, so you never risk coming across unauthorized use again.
- Use the universal image to PDF converter to turn your images to PDF format. You can add multiple files at once both from your device or from Google Drive or Dropbox.
- Once the new file is ready, click the "Watermark" button on the download page to add a watermark to a photo after it was converted to PDF. Otherwise open the tool to add a watermark in the browser.
- Insert the text into the corresponding field; otherwise, add JPG, PNG, or BMP images to be used as watermark logo.
- Choose the watermark location. You have 9 options to choose from: for each top, middle or bottom there are left, center, and right positions.
- Click “Add watermark” to apply the changes.
Besides, you can convert the created PDF to an image file of your choice. For example, you can convert PDF to JPG, PDF to PNG, PDF to BMP and PDF to TIFF. These are the most popular formats, so the photos are suitable for any use case.
For whom knowing how to add a watermark to a photo is useful
Knowing how to watermark photos is important for branding, too. Businesses invest time producing unique digital content, and adding their logo or text watermark helps the viewer associate the photos with the brand. It also protects the time and money spent creating the content.
Photographers and other visual content creators place watermarks on their digital property to inform viewers that the content they’re looking at is owned by someone.
An owner of an image may add a copyright symbol to the watermark, which eliminates the risk of someone stealing the content under the guise that they didn’t know it was copyrighted. According to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), if someone removes the watermark before getting approval to use the content, they face penalties related to copyright infringement.
Why choose our watermark tool?
PDF Candy saves you time as well, compared to alternative ways of securing your content before posting it online. You can learn how to add a watermark to a photo or a document using any preferred device or operating system, whether it’s your PC, smartphone, or tablet. The same goes for converting a PDF to an image file.
We ensure your files are 100% secure — you get the benefit of a credible watermark, and our servers never store your files. We take security seriously and take all necessary measures to guarantee that your files are protected from unauthorized access.
Using the service to watermark photos and documents is an important capability for creators of visual imagery, whether they do it for professional, personal or academic use.