PDF format is not unchangeable and can be edited, tweaked, and pirated at will by the users with enough know-how. Add watermark to PDF for an extra layer of security, especially for sensitive information you don’t want to be leaked.
Adding watermark to PDF or any other file sends a clear message to the end-user: this information belongs to someone else. If you use different watermarks for different users, a watermarked document also provides a foul-safe way to track information leaks. Follow the instructions below that show how to add watermark to a PDF online and for free.
Add watermark to PDF: use text or image
In short, here are the steps you need to take to watermark PDF:
- Open the "Add watermark to PDF" tool.
- Upload a file to be watermarked. Choose it from a device (you can also drag and drop it), or from Google Drive or Dropbox cloud storage.
- Watermark PDF with text or image. To insert a text watermark, just type it in; otherwise, upload JPG, PNG, or BMP image to be used as a watermark.
- Set the watermark location. 9 options are possible: from top left to bottom right.
- Click 'Add watermark' to apply the changes and download the output PDF.
Once you watermark PDF, download it to any device: a computer, tablet, or smartphone. If you don’t have room on your device, though, no worries: the integration with Google Drive and Dropbox is supported. What that means is that you can upload your watermarked document straight to the cloud storage from our servers, with no intermediate steps required. Using our service to add watermark to PDF is easy, and sharing the created file is so simple, too.
Why choose our watermark tool?
If you’ve been frustrated with slow online services in the past, PDF Candy will come like a breath of fresh air: this free watermarking service is fast. Ideal for situations when you are in a hurry, our cloud servers never seem to stall. Watermarking PDFs doesn’t have to be a chore: with our service, it’s almost fun.
Although the default landing page is English, our tool is not limited to just one language: in fact, we have full support for more than 20. These include many of the world’s most commonly spoken languages, both Asian and European.
You don’t have to install anything extra to add watermark to PDF with our service. Use it in any browser of your choice.
Additional handy PDF tools of the website
Besides, there are still 40+ various tools to discover for the most comfortable work with PDF files:
- Split PDF to delete extra pages from the document.
- Rotate PDF if you figured some pages of the file are at the wrong angle.
- Try the PDF compressor if the urge to send a large file occurs and you don’t know how to do it.